Primate Labs, located in Toronto, is looking for an enthusiastic developer to join our team. As a Backend Developer you will contribute to the online result browser for Geekbench, our industry-standard benchmark for desktop and mobile systems. This is a great position for developers who are interested in improving the performance, stability, and scalability of a website with a large and established audience.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing architectural changes that will improve the performance and stability of the Geekbench Browser. You will also be responsible for implementing a RESTful API that will enable our customers to perform sophisticated queries against the millions of benchmark results stored on the Geekbench Browser.
We're looking for someone with the following background and skills
- Experience with at least one of Python, Ruby, or Java.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and proactively in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails a plus.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and other frontend technologies a plus.
- Experience designing or implementing APIs a plus.
Compensation And Benefits Information
- Flexible and casual work environment.
- Competitive salary and vacation time.
- Medical and dental benefits.
- Life and AD&D benefits.