Benchmark Software Developer
Primate Labs, a small (but mighty!) software company located in Toronto, is looking for enthusiastic developers to join our team. The Benchmark Software Developer will be helping us build the next version of Geekbench, our popular cross-platform benchmark for desktop and mobile platforms. Our customers are diverse, from individual consumers to Fortune 500 hardware companies, and rely on us to provide applications that produce accurate and unbiased performance assessments.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and enjoy working within a small, tight-knit team.
The Benchmark Software Developer will research, develop, and optimize CPU and GPU Compute benchmark tests for upcoming versions of Geekbench. The benchmark tests draw from a wide variety of fields, including end-user applications, computer vision, image processing, linear algebra, and physical simulations.
This role will also be responsible for developing and maintaining features in the Geekbench mobile and desktop applications.
We're looking for candidates with the following background and skills:
- Experience with C++ and the STL
- A University degree or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
The following skills are nice to have but by no means necessary:
- Experience with C++11 or later
- Experience with SIMD instruction sets (e.g., SSE, AVX, NEON)
- Experience with GPU Compute APIs (e.g. CUDA, OpenCL, Metal, Vulkan)
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Python)
- Experience with profiling tools
- Experience with command-line development tools
- Experience working in small teams
Compensation And Benefits Information
Primate Labs offers a fun and exciting working environment with a minimum of bureaucracy. Compensation includes a competitive salary, generous vacation time, medical and dental benefits.
This is a full-time position in Primate Labs' Toronto office.