Software QA Automation Developer
Primate Labs, a small (but mighty!) software company located in Toronto, is looking for enthusiastic developers to join our team and help us build the next version of Geekbench, a performance analysis software for desktop and mobile platforms. Our customers are diverse, from individual consumers to Fortune 500 hardware companies and rely on us to provide applications that produce accurate and unbiased performance assessments.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and enjoy working within a small tight-knit team.
The Software QA Automation Developer will be responsible for designing and implementing automated QA initiatives for Primate Labs’ products. Responsibilities will also include developing and maintaining the Geekbench test automation infrastructure, including a continuous integration system and a range of consumer hardware across several platforms. By providing effective feedback for developers through automated testing and analysis, the candidate would ensure that the team can make more informed design and implementation decisions.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and extend the continuous integration infrastructure.
- Maintain and develop automated tests.
- Maintain and develop automated performance analytics.
- Review test reports and performance reports for potential issues.
- Work closely with team members to develop, refine, and execute test plans.
- Log, prioritize, and organize issues into our issue tracking system.
- Co-ordinate the resolution of issues with engineering.
- Document, maintain, and review systems and processes.
- Other duties as required.
We're looking for candidates with the following background and skills:
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with software quality assurance and associated concepts.
- Detail-oriented and curious.
- Effective communication and documentation skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- A university degree in a technical field (or equivalent experience).
The following skills are nice to have but by no means necessary:
- Experience with system profiling tools (e.g., perf)
- Experience with mobile testing frameworks.
- Experience with web testing frameworks.
- Experience with Objective-C, Java, or Swift.
Compensation And Benefits
Primate Labs offers a fun and exciting working environment with a minimum of bureaucracy. Compensation includes a competitive salary, generous vacation time, and medical and dental benefits.
This is a full-time position in Primate Labs' Toronto office. Please include your favorite primate in your cover letter.