- Discontinued support for PowerPC Macs.
- Removed offline result management from tryout mode.
- Added portable installs for Pro licenses.
- Added support for Ivy Bridge processors.
- Improved support for MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2009).
- Improved "internal timer error" diagnostic message.
Removing support for PowerPC Macs was a difficult decision. While most users have migrated to Intel Macs, there's still a small but vibrant community on PowerPC Macs. However with Apple's decision to discontinue PowerPC support in both its operating system and its developer tools, and the increasing scarcity of PowerPC hardware, it's becoming harder and harder to support PowerPC Macs. With this update I decided to focus my limited resources on the latest Mac hardware.
Users who want to use Geekbench on a PowerPC Mac can still download Geekbench 2.2.0 (which works on PowerPC Macs running Mac OS X 10.4 and later) from the Geekbench website.
Geekbench 2.3.0 is a free update for all registered Geekbench 2 users.